June 24, 2018
HEARTFELT THANKS –
- We would like to thank our church family for their prayers, cards and phone calls during David’s recovery. We truly appreciate our church family during a time like this. – Wayne & Donna Genkinger
- We are very thankful for our church family reaching out during Hattie’s recovery from her heart attack. Thank you for all the calls, cards and prayers. – Vic & Hattie Aebly
KEEP IN PRAYER - We at Mission Eurasia (a Park Hills Missions Team Partner) are focusing on the World Cup in Russia. We have printed 100,000 Russian New Testaments for the World Cup Soccer Championship to be held in 15 cities of Russia through July 17, 2018. We also printed 1,000,000 (one million) Gospels of John with different covers which will be widely distributed during the World Cup. This printing is an answer to prayer and we now ask for prayers as we distribute.
SEND GOD’S WORD – Donate Bibles to honor someone special. Visit the Gideon card display located on the counter in the Café or visit gideons.org/sendtheword.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! – Please call the church office to volunteer or for more information 815/232-6159.
- Funeral luncheon helpers are needed. We are looking for volunteers to assist a team in the preparation, serving and clean up during funeral luncheons.
FACC (Freeport Area Church Cooperative) is asking for donations of canned string beans for the month of June. Donations may be left in the bin in the Lobby. Thank you for your continued generosity!
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES:
- “WHY I BELIEVE” by Chip Ingram - taught by Dale Miner & Bill Kuhlemeier, 9-10:00 am in the Library.
- “TEN LIES ABOUT GOD” by Erwin Lutzer - taught by Gary Quinn, 10:00 - 11:15 am in the Chapel.
DID YOU KNOW? – Moody Radio has been brought to the Freeport area for over 30 years by Northwestern Illinois Radio Fellowship, an outreach ministry of Park Hills and Zion churches. Tune in to Moody Radio on 106.9 WHRD FM!
MEAL MINISTRY – If you would be willing to make a meal for someone recovering from an illness or surgery, please contact Wendy 815/541-5204 or Charmaine 815/821-5211.
Your children (ages five through 12) are invited to join us this week June 25th at one of our Park Hills Church family member's backyards for Vacation Bible School. (Three and four year olds are welcome to attend with a caregiver.)
We will have high energy games, snacks, Bible lessons & an enthusiastic group of teachers! Check out our locations below
Contact the location host to sign up your child! (FREE)
June 25-29 10:00am to 11:30am Nicole Libby (815) 291-6497 1340 S Benson Blvd. Freeport
June 25-29 10:00am to 11:30am Kathleen Glaze (815) 238-2286 1336 W Red Oak Rd Freeport
June 25-29 10:30am to noon Chris & Heidi Stukenberg (815) 541-8820 12861 Springhill Dr. Winnebago
June 25-29 1:00pm to 2:30pm Jessica Campbell (815) 275-0687 601 S Schulyer St. Lena
June 25-29 1:30pm to 3:00pm Charlotte & Dan Stoehr (815) 821-1551 1326 Monticello Ln. Freeport
June 25-29 1:30pm to 3:00pm Rhianna Sweigert (304) 279-0445 4138 Westlake Village Dr. Winnebago
June 25-29 6:30pm to 8:00pm Park Hills Church Children’s Ministries, Merri Lane (414) 380-1072
2525 W Stephenson St. Freeport (Park Hills Church Backyard)
SUNDAY MORNINGS for KIDS:
Parents and families, following are your children's Sunday morning options, designed to give your children a deeper experience in God's word, no matter which service they attend.
- 8:45 a.m. one combined nursery (ages birth through 3 years), staffed with volunteers who really love caring for your little ones.
- 8:45 a.m. one combined class (ages 3 years through 5th grade) that follows the same topic as the sermon to allow for families to have meaningful conversations throughout the week on what we are all learning.
- 10:30 a.m. two age-appropriate nursery options. (Parents decide when it is suitable for their three-year-olds to move up to the next class).
- 10:30 a.m. three age-appropriate (ages 3 years through 5th grade) classes, that make use of the entire service time. You are able to drop off your children with their teachers in their classrooms starting at 10:15 a.m.
We support your decision as families to attend service together. Children are always welcome in the service.
READING PLANS FOR OUR LUKE SERIES ARE AVAILABLE at the Welcome Center, the church website (www.parkhillschurch.com) and the church app.
DID YOU KNOW? – NOW you can view and/or listen to the weekly sermons on our PH mobile app (parkhillschurch) and website (www.parkhillschurch.com). You can also download a copy to your computer or mobile device for listening offline! You will also find the Sermon Based Small Group Questions (SBSG) and the weekly bulletin in electronic form on the mobile app each Sunday morning.
PARK HILLS EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
2525 W STEPHENSON ST - FREEPORT, IL 61032 815-232-6159
Office Hours: M-Th 9 am - 4 pm & Fri 9 am - 12 pm
CHECK OUT MONDAY NIGHT CHURCH 6:30 pm in the Chapel!