April 22, 2018
HEARTFELT THANKS –
- We want to thank our church family & friends for making our 50th anniversary special with all the beautiful cards and many acts of kindness. God bless you all. ~ Love, Maury & Nancy Vorwald
- Thank you for all of the kindnesses, concern and caring from my Park Hills family following my surgery. The prayers were so comforting. The cards, gifts, flowers, help and phone calls were so appreciated. It’s wonderful to be a part of God’s family at Park Hills Church! ~ Carol Mehlhausen
AWANA YEAR END CELEBRATION - This AWANA club year has been a lot of fun and a lot of learning from God's Word! We thank this church family for the way you have supported and encouraged us. We will be hosting our YEAR END CELEBRATION on Wednesday, May 2nd, in the Worship Center at 6:30 pm. Join us for a recap of how we have grown and a fun ice cream treat afterwards! Everyone is welcome to attend! We are looking for volunteers to set up and serve ice cream for the celebration starting at 6:15 pm. Please sign up at the Welcome Center today.
SPRINGHILL DAY CAMP IS RETURNING THIS JULY! Your campers (completed Kindergarten through 5th grade) are invited for an AMAZING week of summer camp, right here in at Park Hills Church! We want your kids to experience new things, make new friends, learn about God and create lifelong memories together! Think about your children, young neighbors, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, Monday – Friday, July 30th - August 3rd, at9:00 am to 4:00 pm. If you have questions, or to inquire about a scholarship for your child, please contact Merri Lane at . Visit www.springhilldaycamps.com to register (you can sign up for a payment plan).
SPONSOR A CAMPER! Our church family extends an invite to campers in the community that would not be able to get to camp due to cost. If you can help, please drop a gift of any amount into the offering plate MARKED SPRINGHILL, or go to www.parkhillskids.com and donate to sponsor a camper. (A full week of camp is $199).
VBS IN YOUR BACKYARD THIS SUMMER - SIGN UP TODAY! VISIT US IN THE LOBBY - Would you like to build relationships based on Jesus with the children and families around you? We are looking for BACKYARDS to host our five-day Vacation Bible Schools, and would love to bring a VBS into your neighborhood, via your home/yard the weeks of June 18th or June 25th (Monday – Friday).
FAITH COMMUNITY NURSE (FCN) – FCN’s will be doing free blood pressure screenings TODAY, Sunday, April 22, between services (9:45 – 10:30 am) in the Music Room Annex.
SAMMY MURIMI PRESENTATION - Sammy is the Director of Share International (Kenya ministry). He will join us on Monday, May 21, at 6:00 pm, in Room 202. Snacks will be provided. All are invited to join us. Sign up at the Welcome Center TODAY!
USED TRUMPET WANTED - Bob Werntz is looking for a trumpet to leave in Honduras for his use during ministry visits. Willing to purchase. Please contact Bob at or call 815-275-6346. Thank you!
PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY LUNCHEON – Our next meeting is our luncheon! We will meet TOMORROW, Monday, April 23, at 11:15 am at the Country Junction. We will NOT be meeting on Wednesday, April 25th. Our last meeting for this semester will be Wednesday, May 30. New members are always welcome! Call Linda Long 815/369-4895 or Dianne Statdfield 815/238-6629.
READING PLANS FOR OUR LUKE SERIES ARE AVAILABLE at the Welcome Center, the church website (www.parkhillschurch.com) and the church app.
DID YOU KNOW? – NOW you can view and/or listen to the weekly sermons on our PH mobile app (parkhillschurch) and website (www.parkhillschurch.com). You can also download a copy to your computer or mobile device for listening offline! You will also find the Sermon Based Small Group Questions (SBSG) and the weekly bulletin in electronic form on the mobile app each Sunday morning.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES:
- “WHY I BELIEVE” by Chip Ingram - taught by Dale Miner & Bill Kuhlemeier, 9:00 - 10:00 am in the Library.
- HEBREWS - taught by Pastor Cliff, 10:00 - 11:15 am in the Chapel.
SUNDAY MORNINGS for KIDS:
Parents and families, following are your children's Sunday morning options, designed to give your children a deeper experience in God's word, no matter which service they attend.
- 8:45 a.m. one combined nursery (ages birth through 3 years), staffed with volunteers who really love caring for your little ones.
- 8:45 a.m. one combined class (ages 3 years through 5th grade) that follows the same topic as the sermon to allow for families to have meaningful conversations throughout the week on what we are all learning.
- 10:30 a.m. two age-appropriate nursery options. (Parents decide when it is suitable for their three-year-olds to move up to the next class).
- 10:30 a.m. three age-appropriate (ages 3 years through 5th grade) classes, that make use of the entire service time. You are able to drop off your children with their teachers in their classrooms starting at 10:15 a.m.
We support your decision as families to attend service together. Children are always welcome in the service.
PARK HILLS EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
2525 W STEPHENSON ST - FREEPORT, IL 61032 815-232-6159
Office Hours: M-Th 9 am - 4 pm & Fri 9 am - 12 pm
CHECK OUT MONDAY NIGHT CHURCH 6:30 pm in the Chapel!