February 24, 2019
THANK YOU – It is with deep gratitude that I want to thank my Park Hills Church family and my ladies Bible study for all the prayers, cards, phone calls and visits since before and after my surgery. We have such a loving God. Thank you so much. – Pearl Dorsey
MANAGING OUR FINANCES GOD’S WAY - Struggling with debt, financial management, day to day expenses? Want to understand God’s timeless principles regarding your finances? Commit 6 evenings of your time to help you on a lifetime of godly, healthy decisions - this might well be the most helpful instruction you will receive in 2019 - get a fresh start! Join us on these Wednesday evenings: February 27, March 6, 13, 27, April 3 and 10 from 6:30 - 8:00 pm. LAST SUNDAY to sign up at the Welcome Center. The book cost is $20.
MARRIED COUPLES - We would like to encourage you to plan another intentional Date Night Friday, March 8th from 5:30 – 9:00 pm. We understand Date Nights aren’t always easy for those who have children, so we would like to offer FREE childcare (nursery age - 5th grade). Please sign-up for childcare at the Welcome Center or Children’s Check-in Desk, or at http://www.parkhillskids.com/date-night.html.
SPRINGHILL DAY CAMP - REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! This will be the BEST week of your child's summer! Park Hills Church is hosting SpringHill July 29th-August 2nd this summer for kids who have completed kindergarten through 5th grade. The week will be full of fun, friendship, mentor relationships, character development and spiritual investment to help your child grow in their faith. Be thinking now about who you should tell about SpringHill. SAVE $30 if you register by February 28th. Visit parkhillskids.com to register today! Scholarships are available, please contact Merri at
EMPOWERED TO CONNECT CONFERENCE - Come experience practical teaching in a safe and supportive community as we work to equip families, churches and professionals to better serve children. All those who love and serve families are invited. The content is ideal for adoptive and foster families, those considering adoption or foster care, Safe Families, those who are serving and supporting others, social workers, agency professionals, church staff and ministry leaders, counselors and therapists. Featuring Trust-Based Relational Intervention methods, developed by Dr. Karyn Purvis and Dr. David Cross from the Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development at TCU, to help bring attachment and connection in families. $20 per individual/$30 per couple (includes childcare, snacks, materials and lunch). Friday and Saturday, April 5th & 6th, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT for any SAFE FAMILIES or Children's Ministries volunteers, $10 per individual/$15 per couple. Register NOW at http://parkhillsefc.org/featured-events. CEU credits may be available to professionals.
FAITH COMMUNITY NURSE (FCN) – FCN’s will be doing free blood pressure screenings, TODAY, Sunday, February 24th between services (9:45 – 10:30 am) in the Music Room Annex.
GET CONNECTED! If you are new to our church, have an address or phone number change, have a prayer concern, or would like more information about Park Hills, please fill out one of the connect cards found in the chair pockets and drop it in the offering plate or at the Welcome Center.
LADIES THURSDAY EVENING BIBLE STUDY –This study, THE PARABLES OF JESUS, includes a DVD, discussion questions, application of the Bible’s message to life today, and a personal five-day Bible study. Join us as we gain new insights into some parables and their meanings beginning February 28th through April 4th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Room 201. LAST SUNDAY to sign up at the Welcome Center (call Carol at 815/232-6495 with questions).
READING PLANS ARE AVAILABLE at the Welcome Center/www.parkhillsefc.org/and the church app.
FACC is asking for donations of personal items for the month of February. Donations may be left in Lobby bin.
MOODY RADIO has been brought to the Freeport area for over 30 years by Northwestern Illinois Radio Fellowship, an outreach ministry of Park Hills and Zion churches. Tune in to Moody Radio on 106.9 WHRD FM!
DID YOU KNOW? – You can view and/or listen to the weekly sermons on our PH mobile app (parkhillschurch) and website (www.parkhillschurch.com). You can also download a copy to your computer or mobile device for listening offline! You will also find the Sermon Based Small Group Questions (SBSG) and the weekly bulletin in electronic form on the mobile app each Sunday morning.
SUNDAY MORNING OPPORTUNITIES for ADULTS:
- “Christian: It’s Not What You Think” by Andy Stanley – taught by Dale Miner, 9-10:00 am in Room 202. This class will meet through March 3rd.
- GALATIANS – taught by Pastor Cliff, 10 – 11:15 am in the Chapel.
MIDWEEK OPTIONS FOR MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL AGE STUDENTS:
- MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS: JOIN US FOR CORE WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 6:30 – 8:00 pm / 6th through 8th grade www.parkhillsyouth.com/CORE.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: JOIN US FOR FRONTLINE TUESDAY NIGHTS 6:30 to 8:00 pm / 9th through 12th grade www.parkhillsyouth.com/frontline.
MIDWEEEK OPTIONS FOR ADULTS:
- MENS’ JAVA TUESDAY meets in the Café at 7:30 am, come join us for coffee & donuts.
- TUESDAY MORNING MOMS’ BIBLE STUDY meets in the Music Room from 9:30 – 11:00 am. Childcare is provided. We are studying Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin. Please contact Nicole Libby 815/291-6497 with questions.
- WEDNESDAY MORNING LADIES BIBLE STUDY meets from 9:30 – 11:00 am in Room 202, studying the Gospel of John. All women and their friends are invited to participate.
- THURSDAY EVENING MEN’S SMALL GROUP – This group meets from 6:30 – 8:00 pm, in the Elevator Room. We are studying 33 The Series Authentic Manhood. Questions, contact Kurt Bales 815/238-8541.
- FRIDAY EVENING SINGLE LADIES SMALL GROUP meets at 6:00 pm, in the Elevator Room. We are studying IT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY by Lysa Terkeurst. Please contact Carol Mehlhausen 815/291-9478 with questions.
Knowing, Loving, Following, Jesus Together
PARK HILLS EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
2525 W STEPHENSON ST - FREEPORT, IL 61032 815-232-6159
Office Hours: M-Th 9 am - 4 pm & Fri 9 am - 12 pm