October 21, 2018
CONGREGATIONAL MEETING IS TONIGHT AT 6:00 pm!
PRAYER SHAWL MINISTRY – Prayer Squares will be available in the Lobby on Sunday, November 4th. A Prayer Square is a miniature version of a prayer shawl that is small enough to fit in your pocket or purse. The “squares” are a reminder of our belief in a God who answers prayer – PRAY! We will not be meeting in October, our next meeting will be Wednesday, November 28th, at 11:00 am, in the Elevator Room. We will have our knitting needles and crochet hooks ready to teach anyone interested in learning! Please join us to learn how! Questions? Call Linda Long 815/369-4895 or Dianne Statdfield 815/238-6629.
FAMILY NIGHT HARVEST PARTY Come celebrate the harvest season with us Wednesday, October 31st, from 6:30-8:00 pm. There will be games, food and opportunities to bond as a family. We'd love to have you join us! LOOKING FOR DONATIONS If you can help by donating prizes (STUFFED ANIMALS) please drop those off (gently used or new) in the Lobby. LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS If you can volunteer to work one of the stations from 6:15–7:15 pm or 7:15–8:15 pm sign up at the Welcome Center or online at www.parkhillskids.com. We need help serving food, running games, a family scavenger hunt, photo booth or craft.
READING PLANS ARE NOW AVAILABLE at the Welcome Center, the church website (www.parkhillsefc.org) and the church app.
FAITH COMMUNITY NURSE (FCN) – FCN’s will be doing free blood pressure screenings, Sunday, October 28th, between services (9:45 – 10:30 am) in the Music Room Annex.
FACC is asking for donations of peanut butter for the month of October. Donations may be left in Lobby bin.
SEND GOD’S WORD – Donate Bibles to honor someone special. Visit the Gideon card display in the Café.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD – National Collection Week is November 12-19, for more information and drop off locations visit www.samaritanspurse.org.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Our worship ministry is looking for several people to join us! If you are interested in any of the following opportunities please contact Pastor Rich at .
- Video Tech – Learn how to run our video presentation system for Sundays and/or Monday Night Church. Serving approximately once per month.
- Sound Tech – Learn our sound board and serve approximately once per month. We will train you!
- Clavinova Player – We would love to have additional players to join our first service worship teams.
SUNDAY MORNINGS for KIDS:
Parents and families, following are your children's Sunday morning options, designed to give your children a deeper experience in God's word, no matter which service they attend.
- 8:45 am one combined nursery (ages birth through 3 years), staffed with volunteers who really love caring for your little ones.
- 8:45 am one combined class (ages 3 years through 5th grade) that follows the same topic as the sermon to allow for families to have meaningful conversations throughout the week on what we are all learning.
- 10:30 am two age-appropriate nursery options. (Parents decide when it is suitable for their three-year-olds to move up to the next class).
- 10:30 am three age-appropriate (ages 3 years through 5th grade) classes, that make use of the entire service time. You are able to drop off your children with their teachers in their classrooms starting at 10:15 am.
We support your decision as families to attend service together. Children are always welcome in the service.
SUNDAY MORNING OPPORTUNITIES for MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
- 8:45 am Sunday school for students 6 – 12th grade in Room 201.
SUNDAY MORNING OPPORTUNITIES for ADULTS:
- “HOW TO GROW YOUR FAITH” by Andy Stanley - taught by Dale Miner, 9-10:00 am in Room 202.
- PHILIPPIANS – taught by Pastor Cliff, 10 – 11:15 am in the Chapel.
MIDWEEK OPTIONS FOR MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL AGE STUDENTS:
- MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS: JOIN US FOR CORE WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 6:30 – 8:00 pm / 6th through 8th grade www.parkhillsyouth.com/CORE
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: JOIN US FOR FRONTLINE TUESDAY NIGHTS 6:30 to 8:00 pm / 9th through 12th grade www.parkhillsyouth.com/frontline.
MIDWEEEK OPTIONS FOR ADULTS:
- MENS’ JAVA TUESDAY meets in the Café at 7:30 am, come join us for coffee & donuts.
- TUESDAY MORNING MOMS’ BIBLE STUDY meets in the Music Room from 9:30 – 11:00 am, join us as we read and discuss the book, Watershed Moments. Childcare is provided. Please contact Heidie Kuhlemeier at 815/541-8011 with questions.
- WEDNESDAY MORNING LADIES BIBLE STUDY meets from 9:30 – 11:00 am in Room 202, studying the Gospel of John. All women are invited to participate, as well as their friends. This year’s class will be taught by Judy Fosler, Diane Dawson, and Donna Herring. The next 5 classes will be led by Diane. Questions, call Diane at 815/275-3082.
- FRIDAY EVENING SINGLE LADIES SMALL GROUP meest on Fridays from 6:00 – 7:30 pm in the Library, studying Finding I Am by Lysa Terkeurst. For more information, call Janan Smith 815/275-3059.
PARK HILLS EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
2525 W STEPHENSON ST - FREEPORT, IL 61032 815-232-6159
Office Hours: M-Th 9 am - 4 pm & Fri 9 am - 12 pm
Check out Monday Night Church 6:30 pm